Genealogical and Local History books that we have in our library. I would be happy to do a quick look up for you; please just comment below to get in touch!
- Prairie Pioneers of Illinois, vol. 1, published by the Illinois State Genealogical Society, 1986.
- Finding your Chicago Ancestors by Grace DuMelle, 2005.
- DeKalb County:
- Bar Docket – DeKalb County, Illinois Circuit Court for February Term of 1939
- DeKalb County Historical Resources Guide – 2009
- Genoa-Kingston Bicentennial History and Program – 1976
- Gone but not forgotten: Veterans buried in Elmwood Cemetery, Sycamore, IL
- Reflections (Genoa-Kingston Yearbooks) – 1974-1977
- The Voters and Tax-Payers of DeKalb County, Illinois, 1876
- Kane County:
- 1966 Farm and Ranch Directory of Kane County, Illinois (Plat book)
- Maps and atlases:
- 1871 Combination atlas map of DeKalb County, Illinois. Compiled, drawn, and published from personal examinations and surveys.
- 1892 Plat book of De Kalb County, Illinois
- 1929 Atlas and plat book of De Kalb County, Illinois
- 1947 DeKalb County Farm Atlas and Business Guide
- Plat Book and 3-Year Atlas of DeKalb County, Illinois – 1963-65
- Benton County:
- Here We Speak Low German
- Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Congregation – A Centennial History 1896 – 1996
Early New England Resources
- Directory of the Ancestral Heads of New England Families 1620-1700, compiled by Frank R. Holmes, 1974.
- Founders of Early American Families: Emigrants from Europe 1607-1657, by Meredith B. Colket, 1975.
- Immigrant Ancestors: A List of 2,500 Immigrants to America before 1750, edited by Frederick Adams Virkus, 1976.
- The Roll of the Battle Abbey, by John Bernard Burke, 1978.
- Mayflower and Plymouth Colony:
- The English ancestry and homes of the Pilgrim Fathers, by Charles Edward Banks, 1976.
- Families of the Pilgrims (1620), compiled by Hubert Kinney Shaw, 1955.
- Mayflower Increasings for three generations, by Susan E. Roser, 1989.
- Mayflower Marriages from the files of George Ernest Bowman, by Susan E. Roser, 1990.
- The Mayflower Planters at Plymouth, Mass. 1620 and other newcomers to Ye Olde Colonie (Cape Cod series, vols. I and II), by Leon Clark Hills, 1936 and 1941.
- Mourt’s Relation: A Journal of the Pilgrims of Plymouth, edited by Jordan D. Fiore, 1985.
- The Pilgrim Shore, by Edmund H. Garrett, 1900.
- Plymouth Colony Marriages to 1650, by Robert S. Wakefield, and Mary Chilton’s title to celebrity by Charles T. Libby, published together, 1978.
- The Truth about the Pilgrims, by Francis R. Stoddard, 1976.
- The Women of the Mayflower and Women of Plymouth Colony, by Ethel J.R.C. Noyes, 1925.
- Genealogical notes of Barnstable Families, (Vol. 1, A-H), revised by C.F. Swift, 1979.
- Gravestone inscriptions and records of tomb burials in the Granary Burying Ground, Boston, Mass., 1918.
- Pioneers of Massachusetts, by Charles Henry Pope, 1977.
- The Planters of the Commonwealth, by Charles Edward Banks, 1975.
- Catalogue of the Names of the First Puritan Settlers of the Colony of Connecticut…, collected by R.R. Hinman, 1968.
- The Early Settlement of Stamford, Connecticut 1641-1700, by Jeanne Majdalany, 1990.
- The Concordia Story, 1881-2006, Published by Concordia Lutheran Ministries, 2006. (Includes history of the Concordia Orphans’ Home in Cabot, PA)
General Reference – International Roots
- Your Swedish Roots: A Step by Step Handbook by Per Clemensson, 2004.
- Genealogist’s Guide to Discovering your English Ancestors by Paul Milner, 2000.
General Reference – Preservation and Organization
- Organized Family Historian: How to File, Manage, and Protect your Genealogical Research and Heirlooms by Ann Carter Fleming, 2004.
- Preserving Your Family Photographs: How to Organize, Present, and Restore Your Precious Family Images by Maureen A. Taylor.